Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bizarre cryptic webpage

Screen shot of the website
Now there is a really bizarre website. that I "stumbled" upon.
I been trying to make sense of it for two days now
the address 3.1415926535898 it self seems to be related to the mathematic PI .
The squares thats there instead of text reminds of  the Braille writing for the blind.
This whole website seems to be about sending a message or make contact with alien lifeforms.
like an internet based version of the Arecibo message ,it also features some weird images and animations. I checked the website! scanned it at : www.virustotal.com/ for viruses and from what I can see it is clean, and I have not gotten any viruses on my computer. but I did not dare to accept the request for accessing my camera and microphone. I would recommend you to not accept it yourself since I don´t know what that does or for what purpose.
The skeptic in me is telling me that this website will turn out to be a PR stunt in the end
but it´s a pretty interesting website cause it´s challenging our minds, it´s a tough nut to crack
If anyone reading this can make sense of it please post it in the comments section
heres the link: http://3.1415926535898.com/

12 comments:

  1. good call on the Flash confirmation. got a real nasty one from clikin yes one time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you never know :) This website is clean. but I don´t see for what purpose the java request for accessing mic and camera is for. so better to be safe then sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, did any body at least tried to decipher the language? there's a text box there where you can place and input and the keys are translated to website's symbolic language if it can be called that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vermillion bird of the south ??
    All seeing eye of the Zodiac ??
    Return of christ = 1.618 Golden ratio
    3.14 = 0
    Success for the rabbit in the moon ??
    Squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly, that's what i was thinking myself...
    Besides, I don't know what to think about the mouse-like entity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get some interesting results from copy and pasting much of it into Google Translate. the date 02/02/2012 comes up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get better results copy and pasting them in notepad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ACCIDENTALLY LET THEM ACCESS TO MY MIC AND CAMERA AND NOTHING HAPPENED

    ReplyDelete
  9. can some one copy and paste into hear, i get a different picture then whats up top
    i dont see a mouse like entity

    ReplyDelete
  10. it says its an austrlian IP address thats all i can tell for now

    ReplyDelete
  11. reqruit314@0siki.com is what you get when you answer the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. checked it on google site query ("site:3.1415926535898.com/in the g search box) and it comes back as a japanese website hosted by wordpress. The underlying text behind the swf states "We have a serious problem with global warming on this planet".

    A mayday call to outer space?

    ReplyDelete